WHY STUDENTS CHOOSE SOFTWARE ENGINEERING IN FPT UNIVERSITY
INTERNATIONALLY STANDARDIZED PROGRAMME
- The training program is designed as standard for Computer Association (Association for Computing Machinery-ACM), a standard training software engineers Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology for (ABET – US), Vietnam Software Association (Vinasa ), the program of EC-Council Training, Networking and Hardware Institute Jetking (India); with the assistance of experts and IT enterprises such as FPT, IBM, and integrating the standards of the industry such as Oracle, Cisco …
- All school textbooks are imported from abroad, with the copyright of famous publisher such as McGraw Hill, Pearson. To ensure the standardization and updating of information – a critical requirement for sectors such as IT.
PRACTICUM AT THE ENTERPRISE (ON THE JOB TRAINING – OJT):
Specifically, 100% FPT University students have the chance to join enterprises’ practicums (OJT) from 4 – 8 months. Not only can students apply their knowledge to work, they can also accumulate practical experiences and learn from experts in their fields.
PROGRAM “SEMESTER ABROAD”
With the “Go Global” strategy, the university wants every student to have the opportunity to spend at least one semester abroad before graduation. Thereby, FPT University students will form the mind of global citizens, have extensive knowledge, enriching their living experience and adapt easily to all cultures, and can work everywhere in the world upon graduation. Currently, FPT University has implemented corporative programs with over 60 schools in 26 countries around the globe and will continue to expand in the near future.
EMPLOYMENT CHANCE AROUND THE GLOBE
Up to present time, 98% of FPT University students get a job right after graduation, 15% of graduates are working in the US, Japan, Germany, Singapore… with high starting salary and extended promotion opportunities.
They are equipped with foundational knowledge and IT application skills in the majored field.
Training focuses on soft skills such as communication skills, teamwork skills, management skills, and negotiation skills.
PROFICIENCY IN TWO LANGUAGES: ENGLISH – JAPANESE OR ENGLISH – CHINESE
Students are equipped with two foreign languages: English and Chinese
Software Engineering is the most well-known and the oldest discipline in FPT University. Currently, FPT University students are working in countries like USA, UK, Japan, Singapore – the critical IT markets of the world. This is the result of training programs thank to international standards training program, good foreign language training, skills development and output-oriented to meet the needs of international industry.
Software Engineering programs at FPT University is parallel designed and integrated between the knowledge on technology and new techniques: not only include the fundamental knowledge of IT but also the software development process, the methods, techniques and technologies in analysis, design, development, testing, software maintenance and software project management as well as IT applications ; balanced between theory and practical application.
Students have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry in at least one semester to study and practical training at the renowned software company in Vietnam. In-depth study semester, students can choose to attend a narrow topic and prepare graduates for Embedded Systems; Information Systems and Engineering Japanese bridge the current trends of the world SMAC (SMAC: stands for Social – Social Networking, Mobility – Mobile, Analytics – Data Analysis, Cloud – Cloud Computing ).
IT MARKET DEMAND
Vietnam IT market is famous mostly for outsourcing services. Vietnam is one of among the top 10 leading countries in Asia – Pacific and top 30 of the world on outsourcing and software development. According to the ranking of consulting firm Tholons, Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi are in the top 20 cities in the world have the best outsourcing service.
According to VietnamWorks, from now to 2020, if the workforce continues to grow at 8%, Vietnam will face a shortage of 78,000 personnel in Information Technology (IT) per year. And 2020 will be a shortage of more than 500,000 human resource, which is the industry Software Engineering with the highest human needs. Not only the shortage of the amount of training, the hunt for IT professionals skilled professional has mastered both languages and professional skills to work as a big challenge for employers today.
Vietnam is also facing a limited opportunity in the global IT playing field, but the biggest challenge today is the quality of IT human resource development – the proficient and foreign languages.
IN CHOOSING SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, STUDENTS WILL
- Be provided with solid background knowledge on IT
- Focus on the training the process of software development, the methods, techniques, and technologies in the analysis, design, development, testing, software maintenance and software project management as well as IT application trends SMAC of the world. (SMAC: stands for Social – Social Networking, Mobility – Mobile, Analytics – Data Analysis, Cloud – Cloud computing).
- Students also have minimum one semester to study and practical training at the renowned software company in the country, have the opportunity to learn from leading experts.
- Information system
- Embedded System
- Engineer Japanese bridge
- Bridge Engineer
- Software Testing
- Ensure Software Quality
- Project Management
- Technical Director